Infertility is a condition of the reproductive system that prevents the conception of children. It affects approximately 15-20% of couples throughout the India. The diagnosis of infertility is usually given to couples who have been attempting to conceive for at least 1 year without success.
Conception and pregnancy are complicated processes that depend upon a number of factors, including:
- the production of healthy sperm by the man
- healthy eggs produced by the woman
- unblocked fallopian tubes that allow the sperm to reach the egg
the sperm’s ability to fertilize the egg when they meet
- the ability of the fertilized egg (embryo) to become implanted in the woman’s uterus
- sufficient embryo quality